Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ColourQ #66... Scrapbook Style!

Hi Stamping Friends!  I purchased Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio digital scrapbook software months and months ago when it first came out.  As a demo, I thought it was important that I stay up-to-date with all the latest and greatest products.  I tried to sit down once and teach myself the ropes, but was quickly frustrated.  You see, I'd been using PhotoShop Elements for years and was comfortable and familiar with how it worked.  I finally sat down last week again with my MDS and I have had a total change of heart.  I am in LOVE!!!  It is sooooooo easy to use.  Don't get me wrong, I will still use PSE to edit my photos, but when I want to create a great a digi layout of any type, card, scrapbook, blog header, etc. I will be using my MDS from Stampin' Up!!



Here is the digital scrap page I created using this week's color challenge over at the ColourQ.  Now be gentle, since this is only the third MDS layout I have created.  I have a lot to learn!



This page took me awhile to make, only because I'm learning how to create my own embellishments and stuff.  In other words, I do a lot of playing around!  I also like to move stuff around... a lot!  With traditional scrapbooking, I could have a page layed out all day before I finally tape it all down.  I'm always messing around with changing things around.  This fabulous sketch comes from PageMaps by Becky Fleck.  This is one of my all-time favorite scrap sketch sites and has been since forever!

One of my goals this year is to scrapbook more often.  And at this time in my life, digi scrapping is just easier for me to do.  I will never give up traditional scrapbooking.  I love it waaaay too much.  (And I have way too much money invested in it!) I love to look at my horrid first Creative Memories pages and just laugh.  Scrapping has come along way since I went to my first CM party in 1993.  Thank goodness!!

I hope you enjoyed this little diversion from my regular stamped cards.  I hope to feature a digi MDS page at least once a week.  At least that's my goal for now.  Talk to me next week when mom's taxi goes back into service.  My 12yo DD is taking FOUR music classes and my 14yo DS swims FIVE nights a week and does water polo TWO nights a week.  What was I thinking saying YES to all of that?!  Crazy I tell ya!  That's what I am!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping and Scrapping!

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Fabulous page!! Super cute, and great use of the colors, too!

Jen Timko said...

Love this page!! I, too, am becoming a bigger fan of MDS. Thanks for the layout site, too.

Cindy said...

Krystal, this ROCKS! You've certainly mastered MDS very quickly. Love the colors from the challenge, too, but your layout is the bees knees! :D

Tanya Boser said...

Great photos and wonderful page!!

Heidi Baks said...

Great page - now, you CAN do MDS once a week, b/c you can take a laptop with you! Thanks for the scrap maps link. I wasn't aware of that site.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great page and supper cute!

Shelley Z said...

Again, love these colors! Great scrapbook page! I too am mom's taxi and wonder why I say yes to all the activities!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I love this page! You really did a great job. I need to play with MDS and learn how to use it again.